How to Get Rid of Ringworm Tips for Getting The Best Results From Treatment
What is a Ringworm?
Ringworm is a fungus infection of the skin. It is also known as dermatophytosis, tinea, or dermatophyte infection. You can get ringworm anywhere on the skin. But, mostly, the ringworm is found in hands, feet, neck, and back. It makes a ring shape infection on the skin, and thus it is known as ringworm infection. In the early days, the ringworm infection may look like red patches on the skin, but as the day passes, it spreads to other parts of the body such as the chest, neck, face, etc. People now days want to escape from hard medicine and want to go with natural things so how to get rid of ringworm naturally we had focused on it and found out solutions for you.
Thus, if you get ringworm, this question will arise in your mind about how to get rid of ringworm. To understand and know about the methods to get rid of the ringworms, first of all, you have to understand the symptoms of the ringworm and what causes it.
Symptoms of Ringworm:
There could be several symptoms of ringworm. The most common symptoms include:
- Red, ring-shaped patches on the skin.
- Severe irritation or itching around a patch.
- If the ringworm has appeared in the skin(which is common in kids), there might be hair fall around the patch area.
Causes of Ringworm:
Ringworm is mostly caused by the fungus infection. But there are some other causes too. You can have ringworm if you have come into close contact with someone who has ringworm. Different types of ringworms have different names.
- Ringworm of the scalp is known as tinea capitis.
- Ringworm of the body is known as tinea corporis.
- Jock itch Ringworm is known as tinea cruris.
- Ringworm of the foot is known as tinea pedis. It is also known as athlete’s foot as it is many athletes have this kind of ringworm infection.
How to treat Ringworm Infection:
For treating different types of ringworms, different methods need to be followed. Treatment for ringworm is not a complicated task. It just requires the right sort of approach to be used. If the question of how to get rid of ringworm infection haunts you, then this article will be helpful for you. Different methods are advised for different infections, but some ways are effective against treating all kinds of ringworm infections.
Methods to treat Ringworm Infection:
Ringworm can be unbearable, uncomfortable, and painful, but it is treatable. Here, we have discussed certain methods to treat ringworm infection:
- Antifungal Creams: Most of the time, ringworms can be treated at home. There are several Over the counter remedies which could be used to treat ringworm infection. Antifungal creams are an excellent option to treat ringworm infections. The best thing about such creams is they can be used for almost any type of ringworm infection. These creams will wipe the infection out soon and will clear it entirely within days or weeks. Antifungal creams have anti-inflammatory properties, which reduce inflammation. Antihistamine creams have properties to reduce itching.
- Use Soap & Water: Cleaning the affected area regularly is necessary to keep infection at bay. Using soap and water is the best way to reduce the chances of the spread of infection. You can use an antiseptic soap to clean the Infection 2-3 times a day, and then wash it with water. Dry the area with a cloth as moisture can affect the infection.
- Tea tree Oil: You can also use tea tree oil to treat ringworm infection. Tea tree oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties. Applying tea tree oil regularly on the infected area a couple of times a day will provide you some relief.
- Cover it partially: Many people commit the mistake of covering the ringworm. If you have the habit of covering the infection, then you might need to change your practice. Protecting the infection from dust particles is necessary, but it will slow the healing process if you cover it with a bandage. Thus, cover it that much only that it is protected from bacterias and dust, but it also gets some air.
- Natural Remedies: Several natural remedies could be useful in treating ringworm infection.
- Turmeric is rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Applying it as a paste on the affected area or consuming it with food may turn out beneficial.
- Aloe vera provides a soothing effect on the affected area once it is applied. It cools down the burning sensation and heals the infection quickly.
- Oregano Oil has antifungal properties. It is effective against athlete ringworm. Applying it a couple of times a day will give you the best results.
As you can see, there are several options for you to choose from for treating ringworm infection. Other than the above-given methods, there are different ways too through which you can prevent ringworm infection. Such as showering immediately after the workout. Using apple cider vinegar, antifungal shampoo, prescribed creams, licorice, coconut oil, etc. Along with this if you want to get rid of pimples you can read another blog where we discuss this.
If you are not sure about which method to use, you should consult your doctor immediately. A doctor can give you a detailed explanation about your infection and how you can treat it and prevent it from happening in the future. If you take appropriate measures, within two-three weeks, ringworm infections are treated in the majority of the cases.