How to Get Rid of Spiders in the House!
How to Get Rid of Spiders: The Eight-Legged Creature
How to Get Rid of Spiders: Spiders are eight-legged creatures whose presence is everywhere. According to a study, wherever you are within a couple of feet around you, there will be a spider. As much as this sounds funny and impossible, it is true. This eight-legged creature, which is found everywhere, is beneficial for the environment. Still, humans don’t like them that much (Even though spiderman is one of the most favorite superheroes of all time. Such an Irony!).
It is possible that you are not the kind of person who harms insects or animals, but you like to keep your distance from them as much as possible. Though spiders are environment friendly, it is not necessary that you like them. Thus the quest for how to get rid of spiders begins.
Why are spiders attracted to your house?
There are numerous possible reasons behind why spiders are attracted to your house or any other to keep it from a general perspective. The exact reason to know why you have spiders in the house is difficult. Spiders mostly dwell where they find comfortable environments such as deserted homes or rooms. Piled up books, pots, paintings, toys, cracked walls, etc. During cold seasons spiders migrate to your house to get shelter and protection against cold.
Are spiders harmful?
Spiders do have poison in them, but such spiders are not found in your home. Most species of spiders are harmless, and they do not contain poison in their body. Though house spiders are not harmful, they do annoy the hell out of anyone. Most of the people get irritated because of those thin spider webs, spiders coming under your shoes.
Is it possible to get rid of spiders?
If you are terrified because of the presence of spiders in your house, there is nothing to worry about. It is absolutely possible to get rid of spiders. Though you might not want to kill them, their presence annoys you, and you want to throw them out of your house as soon as possible. If you don’t know how to get rid of spiders, then there is nothing to worry about as we are going to discuss several methods to get rid of spiders.
Methods to get rid of spiders:
First of all, let’s make this clear that killing any creature is not a good thing. Thus, your goal should be to draw them out of your house and not to kill them. There are several ways through which you can get rid of spiders without killing them. We have discussed certain methods of getting rid of spiders below:
- Spider Catcher: Many variants of spider catcher are available in the market. A spider catcher is kind of a vacuum cleaner for spiders, which sucks the spider and holds them in a tube. You can catch a spider through this spider catcher and take it outside of your house without hurting them.
- Cover the cracks in the wall: The most common route spiders use to crawl into your house is by using tiny cracks in the walls of your home. It would help if you sealed such cracks and holes immediately so that spiders do not find a way to get into your house.
- Dust Regularly: Spiders like those areas which are not dusted in a while. This the reason you find spiders in deserted places, your basement, or a room you don’t use that often. Dust and clean your house thoroughly so that spiders don’t find such a place. Get rid of spider webs, which will force them to migrate somewhere else. Clean such places regularly where dust gets settled rapidly, such as a room near the garden or rooftop room, tank, basement, etc.
- Switch off the lights: Spiders like dark areas and they mostly crawl during the night time, so you might think how switching off the lights is an excellent option to get rid of spiders. Well, the main source of spider food is insects. If you turn off the lights, insects would not be attracted to your house, and thus, spiders will lose the only source of their food.
- Use Spider Repellent: Using spider repellent is also useful as it’s smell is not liked by the spiders. Such repellents have a fragrance that is suited for humans but disliked by the spiders. Thus, if they smell any such thing in the house, they will quickly move out of your house
- Natural Remedies: Several natural remedies are used to get rid of spiders. It turns out that spiders don’t like to be around certain things such as garlic, lemon, eucalyptus plants, and these can be used to get rid of spiders. Apart from these, tea tree oil, vinegar, and peppermint spray are also used to eliminate spiders. Spider sprays are also available in the market, which doesn’t kill them but draws them out of the house due to the foul odor.
Spiders that are found in your house are hardly dangerous or poisonous. Thus, try to use non-lethal options while getting rid of spiders. Spiders are present everywhere from gardens, public places, homes, etc. They are a vital cog in the wheel of the environment. Thus, unless these eight-legged creatures are posing a life threat in front of you, avoid killing them and try non-lethal methods to get rid of them.