How to Get Rid of Hickeys Fast
What is a hickey?
How to Get Rid of Hickeys: A hickey is a red or dark-coloured bruise on the body caused by the constant sucking by someone or due to some other reason where your skin gets discoloured. Red, Purple or purple-red mark is the colour of the Hickey. It is only a bruise on the skin.
What causes Hickey?
Hickey is a result of ruptured capillaries or blood vessels below the skin. Hickey is mostly caused by sucking or biting the skin. Since the past few decades, Hickey has become a synonym for passionate love.
Hickey: Proof of Love or Embarrassing Spot
Imagine this, you suffered a break up a few weeks ago. To cheer you up, your best friend has set a date for you. You go for the date, meet a stranger, you talk, share some laughs, by the time you know what’s going on, you are passionately making love. The next morning you wake up and see a red or purple coloured bruise on your next. To worsen the situation, you have an important meeting with an international client or have to attend an important meeting or walk-in for the interview in a couple of hours. What you were considering proof of love till last night, now seems like an awkward spot. Now you are finding ways of how to get rid of hickeys fast.
Ways to get rid of hickeys fast:
Hickeys can appear on any part of the body. But they are mostly found on Neck. As Neck is easily accessible for your partner, most of the hickeys are visible on the Neck. Other than Neck, the chest area is next in the list of the most vulnerable areas for Hickey. Now except the Neck, almost every other is covered by your routine clothes. But covering neck hickeys might be difficult. If you can pull off a turtleneck then obviously that is an excellent way to hide the Hickey. But if you need a permanent solution for hickey marks, then this article is useful for you. Following are some of the ways through which you can get rid of hickeys fast:
- Color Correcting Makeup: Using colour correcting makeup is an excellent way to get rid of hickeys. If you have knowledge of your makeup, you can use makeup to hide the bruise marks on your Neck. Do keep in mind that you don’t overdo it; otherwise, it will look contrasting to your skin. Also, if you have any sort of skin, infections do not use this method.
- Cold Spoon: Using a cold spoon for applying pressure on the skin will surely help you with your problem. Using any other metal object instead of a spoon is also effective against Hickey. When boxers get punched hard on the body, you may notice that their coach or physio is compressing the bruise with a metal object. Hickey is also a type of bruise, and thus a cold spoon is useful.
- Apply Peppermint: Not only peppermint but any menthol based product which is suitable to the skin will be useful in speeding up the bruise healing process. You can use peppermint oil to heal the bruise and lighten the mark. Do take care that you do not apply too much of it as peppermint irritates the skin. Using peppermint toothpaste is also beneficial if you do not have peppermint oil in handy. Using toothpaste is an unorthodox but highly effective method.
- Use Banana Peel: It is possible that you consider banana peel as a waste and you may throw it out. But the peel has many nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants in it. It gives a calming effect when applied to the skin. Rub the banana peel on the Hickey for 5-10 minutes on regular intervals, and it will lighten the bruise marks.
- Use ICE: Using Ice is quite effective against treating a hickey. Use ICE cubes or ice packs and apply it gently on the Hickey. Do not apply it for too long otherwise, your nerves will be affected. Apply it for a couple of minutes, and there you are, the Hickey disappearing slowly. This method may take some time as compared to other ones, but it is an effective method if you don’t have other things with you in handy.
There is nothing to be worried about having hickeys. They should be your least of the worries when you are hanging out or on a date with someone. Use the above-given methods or other methods if you know about them and within a few hours your hickey marks will get lighten or may disappear even if it was light in the first place.