Cavities or Tooth Decay How to Get Rid of It
How to Get Rid of Cavities
Tooth cavities are one of the most common problems faced by people of all ages and groups. The tooth cavity not only causes uneasiness but pain as well. In order to treat these cavities, one has to visit a dentist for their treatment, but there are many natural ways to prevent cavities from coming and get rid of them once they appear and cause toothache. A hole is formed due to bacteria; the rigid outer part of the tooth called enamel breaks or disintegrates. This happens when bacteria feed on the carbohydrate particles in our mouths. Read the following points if you wish to get rid of cavities using natural methods.
- The first and foremost step to avoiding cavities is to reduce sugar in your diet. The more sugar you eat, the more chances you will develop cavities. This more generally happens in the case of children or young adults.
- Brushing your teeth properly and regularly also reduces your chances of getting cavities. Flossing and gargling using salty water are also recommended ways to maintain oral hygiene.
- Eating good food and maintaining good chewing habits will ensure that you will break down food more and prevent bacteria from collecting in the mouth.
- Since fluoride is an essential mineral for the strength of teeth’ enamel, fluoride treatments often work well to eliminate the cavities formed.
- To get rid of the toothache caused due to the cavities, apply clove to the tooth with the cavity directly or put some camphor oil on a cotton bud and apply it to the affected tooth.
- Another and most effective way to numb the toothache is to put ice cubes in a towel and press it against the jaw area near the affected tooth.
Get Rid of Tooth Cavity Pain
Tooth cavity pain is the pain which is caused due to tooth cavities in the mouth. Cavities are caused due to action of bacteria on the carbohydrates that we consume through food. Cavities in teeth are small pits or holes made as a result of erosion of the enamel from the tooth surface. To get rid of tooth cavity pain, there are various ways, and some of them are as follows:
- One of the easiest and most effective ways to cure tooth cavity pain is to put a few ice cubes in a zip bag or a towel and put it against the part of the jaw which covers the tooth with the cavity.
- Another effective way is to dissolve some salt in warm water to make a robust salt water solution and gargle with this solution repeatedly. One can also rinse the mouth with this solution after gargling to reduce the cavity pain.
- Clove oil on the gum area near the affected tooth is also an excellent method to get rid of the cavity pain in the mouth. Clove oil is available at food stores easily. It should be applied using a cotton swab or a finger by taking a few drops.
- Cutting down on very hot or cold food items may also help reduce the pain and prevent it from increasing.
- Food items that are very sweet and have high sugar content must be avoided to prevent tooth cavity pain.
- One of the last resorts that should be adopted if none of these methods work is taking a painkiller to temporarily reduce the pain.
Thus, follow the above-given points and get rid of the pain in your tooth caused due to cavity.
How to get rid of cavities fast at home
If you wish to get rid of cavities fast at home, then you can refer to the following given methods and ways:
- Since getting a dental cavity fixed at a dental clinic can be costly, many people try to get rid of cavities at home. The first and foremost thing to do is to take care of your oral hygiene and brush your teeth twice daily. Flossing regularly is also a good exercise for oral hygiene.
- Using warm water while brushing your teeth can help the prevention of bacteria in your mouth.
- Gargling your mouth with warm water and salt solution will surely kill the bacteria in the mouth and throat, which will help prevent cavities from developing.
- Applying camphor oil or clove with the help of a cotton swab can help relieve pain due to the cavity. Pressing the clove directly on the cavity will also help to decrease pain.
- One can also chew a lemon with the skin to decrease the intensity of cavity pain.
- One of the most effective ways is to lock ice cubes in a zip lock bag and press it against the jaw near the tooth with the cavity.
How do dentists get rid of cavities?
A dentist’s most common task is treating and getting rid of cavities. A cavity is a dental condition in which the tooth’s enamel or the hard outer layer breaks down due to the collection of bacteria in the mouth. Bacteria develop in the mouth because we intake sugar and carbohydrates, and the bacteria tend to feed on them, causing cavities in young adults and kids. Dentists follow many ways to treat cavities depending upon the exact nature of the damage done to the teeth. If you wish to know how dentists get rid of cavities, then read the following given points:
- The fluoride method is the first recommended method that dentists use in case of minor cavity issues. Fluoride is a mineral that helps protect the tooth’s enamel from decay and helps keep the teeth more robust. Dentists use fluoride gels, foams, liquid solutions etc., to treat the tooth cavity in patients.
- Fillings are another method almost all dentists use to get rid of the cavities at a relatively minor stage than root cavity etc. In this, porcelain is used to fill the hole or pit developed due to the action of the bacteria on the tooth. In this method, the damaged or eroded part is removed and restored using porcelain of the tooth’s colour.
- In some instances, dentists use the crown method to cure the cavity. In this method, the eroded portion of the tooth is removed, and a crown or a cap made of porcelain is fixed on that area.
- The root canal method is used when the cavity occurs on the tooth’s root. In this, too, porcelain is used to cover the damaged part.
- If none of the above methods works, the last resort is to extract the tooth.