How to Get Rid of Butt Pimples Or Acne
Butt Pimples: The What?
Butt Pimples: Acne on different parts of the body is common. People have pimples on their scalp, nose, neck, shoulder, back, face, forehead. Acne or pimple is common in those parts of the body where pore glands’ concentration is more. Acne is a skin condition in which the pores get clogged. The pores are clogged by dead skin cells, excess skin oil, and bacterias.
When people find tiny little bumps on their butts, they misunderstand it for acne. But the skin of human butts doesn’t have many oil glands, and thus the chances of having butt acne are negligible.
If not butt pimples, then what is it?
You may feel confused that if you don’t have butt pimples or acne, then what is that razor bump on your butt called. Well, what you have there is known as folliculitis. Folliculitis is the inflammation of hair follicles. Folliculitis looks very similar to regular acne, and thus many people don’t know the difference between the two. Just like acne, they are red bumps on your butt skin. They can be itchy and may cause irritation and discomfort. Thus, it is necessary to know about the ways of how to get rid of butt pimples. But before going through the ways to cure folliculitis, we will, first of all, know its causes.
Causes of Butt Folliculitis:
This condition is quite common among men, as men have a higher concentration of thick hair on their bodies as compared to women. Tight clothes can be the reason why you have butt acne. Infection is another reason behind your butt pimple. Thicker the follicles, the higher the chances of getting infected. If the infection is not controlled in time, it will get worse and turn into a Boil. If this happens, then your problems have increased severely, and you are in big trouble. Thus, it is necessary to get rid of folliculitis or butt pimples as soon as possible.
Ways to get rid of Butt Pimples:
Treating Butt acne or folliculitis is not a complicated task, and by using some simple remedies and tips, you cannot only get rid of it but also prevent it from happening in the future. Following are some of the most common ways to get rid of butt pimple:
- Shower Daily: Showering daily not only keeps your hygiene healthy, but it also avoids any chances of skin infections. Hit the shower after an extensive workout session. Folliculitis spreads quickly in the presence of sweat, moisture, and heat. After an extensive workout session or aerobic activity, your body produces a lot of heat, sweat. Thus, showering immediately will help to cool down the body and to avoid the chance of the infection.
- Wear Loose or Breathable Clothes: If you are one of those people who has a habit of wearing tight clothes, then the chances of you having butt pimples increases severely. Due to tight clothes, the air doesn’t pass to all the body parts, and thus moisture develops. When moisture and the fabric of your cloth come into contact, it may cause folliculitis. Wearing Light and breathable clothes in warm seasons or while doing exercise will reduce the chances of butt pimples. Wearing cotton clothes is advisable over other types of fabrics.
- Wash it regularly: Washing the acne regularly will draw out the bacteria and will quickly eliminate the pimple. Use an antibacterial soap for washing the pimple regularly. Do not exert too much pressure otherwise, you will worsen the case. Use the soap to clean the area and then wash it with water. You can use warm water to wash the acne, but do not use hot water.
- Consult with a Dermatologist: If your butt acne is not disappearing itself and you are not sure which method to use, then see a Dermatologist. A dermatologist can help you with which antiseptic cream to use, can even prescribe you some prescription or medication which can help you get rid of butt acne within weeks.
- Avoid your body from getting into contact with hot water: Hot water will worsen the case and may even increase inflammation of the skin. You can use warm water to clean the infected area or to soothe your skin, but avoid hot water as much as possible.
- Use antibiotic cream or lotion: Using antibiotic cream or lotion will help reduce the skin’s inflammation. Anti-itch cream can be used to tackle itching. Antibacterial creams are also useful to draw out bacteria from the infected area. Using a moisturizer will also help in reducing irritation and providing a cooling sensation to your skin.
Butt acne or pimples may embarrass you. They are also very uncomfortable to have as you will have trouble while sitting, sleeping. But you may be surprised to know that butt acne is more common than you think. Butt pimples are treatable quickly, and within a few skins, it will completely disappear from your body. In the meantime, do take proper precautions and follow the right methods to get rid of butt pimples.